Fat freezing, also known as cryolipolysis, is a non-surgical procedure that uses cold temperatures to break down fat cells. The procedure is performed by applying a special device to the area of the body where fat is to be reduced. The device cools the fat cells to a temperature that causes them to die. The dead fat cells are then eliminated by the body over time.
Fat freezing has been popular for several years, but in recent years, there have been several reports of complications associated with the procedure. In 2018, the FDA issued a safety communication warning about the risks of fat freezing. The FDA reported that there had been 12 reports of serious complications associated with fat freezing, including burns, nerve damage, and even death.
The FDA is still investigating the safety of fat freezing, but the agency has advised consumers to be aware of the risks before undergoing the procedure.
Cavitation is a non-surgical fat reduction treatment that uses ultrasound waves to break down fat cells. The ultrasound waves create vibrations that cause the fat cells to rupture and release their contents into the bloodstream. The body then naturally eliminates these fat cells.
Cavitation is a safer alternative to fat freezing and has fewer risks. The FDA has not issued any safety warnings about cavitation.
Here are some of the benefits of cavitation over fat freezing:
- Cavitation is a non-surgical procedure, so there is no downtime or scarring.
- Cavitation is less likely to cause complications, such as burns or nerve damage.
- Cavitation is more effective at reducing fat in some areas of the body, such as the abdomen and thighs.
If you are considering a non-surgical fat reduction treatment, cavitation is a safer and more effective option than fat freezing.
Here are some things to consider before undergoing cavitation treatment:
- Your health history. If you have any health conditions, such as heart disease or diabetes, you should talk to your doctor before undergoing cavitation treatment.
- Your expectations. Cavitation is not a miracle cure for weight loss. It can help you to reduce fat, but it will not make you lose weight overall.
- The cost. Cavitation treatment can be expensive. Be sure to get quotes from several different providers before making a decision.
Recommended At Home Body & Face Sculpting Device: